At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Where you start with us doesn’t determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they’ve worked in.
AstraZeneca’s apprenticeship scheme offers you an opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst collaborating alongside industry specialists and professionals.
In addition to gaining valuable working experience you will have the opportunity to study towards a professional qualification whilst earning a competitive salary.
We are offering Apprenticeships within our Clinical Supply Chain organisation and Sourcing who support AstraZeneca across all key therapeutic areas and supporting projects in all phases of the drug development lifecycle and manufacturing.
Roles available are:
- Sourcing– You’ll work in a team responsible for finding and working with external global suppliers who provide a wide range of services, to develop, manufacture, analyse, pack and distribute potential new medicines to clinical trials around the world.
- Clinical Supply Chain – help to ensure Supply Chain business processes, systems, metrics and technology meet the needs of the business and the AstraZeneca Clinical portfolio.
You’ll be working towards a Degree Apprenticeship in Supply Chain Leadership; https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/supply-chain-leadership-professional-degree/
You’ll receive an Apprenticeship Training Plan that describes the training you’ll need to meet the standard. It may include a mixture of external and internal training, to ensure you are fully proficient by the end of the programme.
You’ll gain transferable core skills and knowledge, in addition to gaining skills specific to the working practices of the team. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression.
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Digital literacy
- Ability to learn
- 5 GCSEs Grades 9-4 including minimum 6 grade in Maths, English and preferably a Science subject or business subject
- To have achieved or predicted to achieve 2 A-Levels at Grade C or equivalent – Maths, IT or Business are preferred.
To apply for this position, please click on the apply link
This is a 4 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield offering £18,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Opening date of advert: 4th January 2021
Closing date of advert: 19th March 2021
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on 21st April 2021.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations, please let us know on your application.
How candidate can apply for your job. You can leave your contact information to receive hard copy application or any detailed guide for application.
- Salary 0 ~ £20,000
- Experience Level Junior