Salary: £48,607 – £58,528 plus benefits
Following an internal move, we have an opportunity for a server engineer, who specialises in web hosting. We are looking for an engineer to oversee the day-to-day technical activities related to maintain and monitor the College’s web servers and server farms. Working across a large stakeholder community, you will support a range of web technologies, and their underlying technology stacks.
Duties and responsibilities
This role is focusing on:
- Maintaining and developing our production web environments, keeping up to date with industry trends and drawing upon industry wide experience. Providing advice and guidance to stakeholders across ICT and the wider College.
- Contributes to the strategy, roadmaps and change delivery plans for Servers, covering people, process and tooling, working with Technology Office, Products and Service Operations, facilitating collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Performs operational support for Server products, ensuring defined performance
- standards are met, employing a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, therefore investigating, defining and resolving complex issues.
- Creating technical documents with the ability to produce clear and concise, high and low level design documentation, as well as implementation and operation guides
We are not looking for a Web Developer; this is an infrastructure role that will support, monitor and troubleshoot our production web environments.
- Experience as a Server Engineer or equivalent role, in a large enterprise environment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Linux and Windows Operating systems.
- IIS, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Nginx, WordPress,
- Scripting in Powershell
- Configuration management experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Containerisation experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
This post is full-time and open ended and you will be based at the South Kensington campus.
Applications for this position are only accepted through online application.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Iain Darvell – email@example.com
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org