Salary: £58,528 – £67,004 plus benefits
Applications are invited for the post of Security Domain Specialist to join the Security Domain team at Imperial College, London. You will:
- Be part of a world top ten university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research
- Create and designs security for a system or service, maintains security documentation and develops architecture patterns and security approaches to new technologies
- Manage the implementation, audit and enforcement of security technologies and controls
- Take lead as the Security expert in discussions with technologists and researchers
You will be joining Imperial College at a pivotal stage of their IT development and will work through a large transformation project focusing on improving the overall IT Security for the college. You will be responsible for developing the vision, principles and strategy roadmaps for IT security as part of the Security Domain team. You will develop architecture plans and security approaches to new technology, bringing your wealth of security product knowledge and ability to implement new technologies into the college system. Across the College you will deal with complex sets of security requirements, needs and solutions; protecting the College’ data, systems and users from accidental or malicious attack and ensuring the College meets all its regulatory obligations.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing the vision, principles, strategy and roadmap for IT security, covering people, process and technology as part of the Security Domain team.
- Addressing the current concerns from the college within IT Security as well as looking to future proof IT security systems.
- This role will involve your deep IT Security knowledge and drive to keep up to date with the latest security technologies and techniques. Understanding how these technologies will fit in with existing ICT operations, products and services.
- You will be responsible for minimising security risks for the College through your knowledge of authentication, encryption and validation techniques. You should be capable of testing vulnerabilities within the system as well as identify potential threats to the organisation.
- Communication with departments outside of IT as well as senior stakeholders is a key part of this role. You will be required to demonstrate previous examples where you have had to influence senior managers or board level stakeholders.
- The opportunity to join the Technology Office Governance Board is fantastic, allowing you to engage in and provide your thoughts on IT security risks and mitigating these across the organisation.
- Security design architecture experience within another complex, multi-faceted ICT organisation
- Strategic development experience within a security function
- In-depth IT Security knowledge allowing fluid discussion with Technologists
- Formal Infosec qualification / accreditation, e.g.: ISC2 CISSP accreditation or similar, GSEC, etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- SAML – Other various access management and authentication tools
About Imperial College London:
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focused entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business. We are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It is our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
For a full list of benefits available with this role please click on the link below: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/benefits/
Please submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the published closing date depending on the volume of applications received.
No agencies please, only direct applicants.