The Department of Mechanical Engineering is seeking a Project Manager to support the activity of the Multiscale Modelling (MSM) project within the Electrochemical Science & Engineering Research Group. This project is a cornerstone for improving battery performance under the Faraday Institution and is part of a collaboration with multiple academic institutions and industry partners, nationally and internationally. The Faraday Institution is part of the UK Governments Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund to promote the deployment of technologies required for clean growth.
The postholder will be instrumental in the daily running of the project, working closely with the Principal Investigator, Research & Business Lead and collaborative partners. This role will primarily have responsibility for budget management, resource planning and performance reporting, as well as the coordination of events linked to the effective running and promotion of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be key in the day-to-day running of the MSM project and will act as a first point of contact for stakeholders.
- You will have responsibility for the budgets, forecasting and reporting on financial aspects of the project.
- Your role in building relationships with existing and new partners will enhance the success of the project.
- This post includes the line management of the MSM Project Administrator.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- You must be educated to a minimum of A-level (or equivalent), with at least one STEM subject included.
- Experience in project management is essential and must include a strong background in budgetary management.
- You must have experience of and be comfortable with engaging with internal and external stakeholders from a range of industries.
The full list of requirements can be found in the Job Description.
Salary Range: £38,614 to £47,373 per annum.
This is a fixed term position until 31st March 2023 in the first instance. We are intending for the post to begin before June 2021, if possible.
How To Apply
Our preferred method of application is via our website. Please visit our website using the provided link for more information about the post and the application process.