At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Where you start with us doesn’t determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they’ve worked in.
AstraZeneca’s apprenticeship scheme offers you an opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst collaborating alongside industry specialists and professionals.
In addition to gaining valuable working experience you will have the opportunity to study towards a professional qualification whilst earning a competitive salary.
We are offering an Apprenticeship within our Operations Sourcing and Supply department who support our Manufacturing Site in Macclesfield, Cheshire. The Macclesfield Site is the second largest in AstraZeneca and is responsible for supplying 50 medicines to more than 130 countries worldwide. The Sourcing and Supply department are responsible for managing all aspects of the supply chain on behalf of the Site. This provides individuals who work in the department with a rare opportunity to work with not only Production Teams but also many global functions.
The Apprenticeship available will allow you to gain experience working in two key roles within the Supply Chain.
- Packaging Compliance Officer – You’ll work in a team responsible for processing artwork changes for all medicines supplied by the Site. This involves working directly with the Markets, external Artwork Studios and numerous Site based Teams to ensure we process all changes on time and right first time.
- Master Data Associate – The main purpose of your role will be to create and maintain data for all medicines supplied by the Site. You’ll work in a team who partner with the Pack Change Officers to ensure this data is compliant. The Team also support technical decisions associated with artwork change.
This means you’ll gain experience in two roles across Teams who collaborate to support each other. This will give you a unique opportunity to gain broad knowledge in several key activities that enable the Site to supply compliantly to patients.
You’ll be working towards a Degree Apprenticeship in Supply Chain Leadership; https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/supply-chain-leadership-professional-degree/
You’ll receive an Apprenticeship Training Plan that describes the training you’ll need to meet the standard. It may include a mixture of external and internal training, to ensure you are fully proficient by the end of the programme.
You’ll gain transferable core skills and knowledge, in addition to gaining skills specific to the working practices of the team. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression.
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Digital literacy
- Ability to learn
- 5 GCSEs Grades 9-4 including minimum 6 grade in Maths, English and preferably a Science subject or business subject
- To have achieved or predicted to achieve a 2 A-Levels at Grade C or equivalent – Maths, IT or Business are preferred.
This is a 4 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield offering £18,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Opening date of advert: 4th January 2021
Closing date of advert: 19th March 2021
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on 21st April 2021.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations, please let us know on your application.
If you share our passion for scientific excellence, find out more at careers.astrazeneca.com
These positions are not open to those already educated to Bachelors degree level or above – for which we have specific Graduate Programmes, see our website for more details https://careers.astrazeneca.com/students
- Salary 0 ~ £20,000
- Experience Level Junior