At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Where you start your journey with us doesn’t determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they’ve worked in.
The Engineering Apprenticeship programme is designed to build the engineering technicians and engineers of the future! Engineering apprentices play a hugely important role at AstraZeneca, solving challenges that arise from some of the most advanced equipment in the industry. As an engineering apprentice, you’ll be required to maintain complex equipment and ensure that high standards are adhered to for safety, manufacturing quality and documentation.
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house specialists, rotating around departments on the Macclesfield site giving great exposure and diversification in learning. As well as being assigned a buddy and mentors who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job training alongside an academic programme of learning towards nationally recognised qualifications.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will:
- Develop electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and process automation skills
- Learn the theory and practical applications of production equipment and building operation and maintenance
- Support engineering projects consisting of designing, installation and subsequent testing
- Perform unplanned equipment repairs through fault finding and diagnosis
In the first year, you’ll spend most of your time at college, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical hands-on experience. In subsequent years, you’ll continue one day a week at college while learning new skills as part of an engineering team on site.
In addition to the valuable working experience you’ll study towards professional qualifications, including a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and then a HNC Level 4 in engineering
We will consider your entry qualifications and will support the next level of academic study (which may be HND or above). If you show the qualities we are looking for you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a Degree in engineering.
Essential skills/capabilities required:
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- Have a rational approach to problem solving; making judgements based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Will possess/be predicted a minimum of 5 GCSE (grades 4-9) including English and Maths (maths at grade 6-9).
- Applications are welcomed from those with L3 qualifications (A levels and/or BTEC. Minimum of 96 UCAS points) and a passion for a career in engineering.
This is a 4 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield, offering £13,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Opening date of advert: 13th January 2021
Closing date of advert:19th March 2021
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on 29th April 2021
- Salary 0 ~ £20,000
- Experience Level Junior