Head of Technical Services
Salary: £40,016 – £46,643 pa (depending on experience)
We are currently searching for an experienced Technical Services Lead to join us at the Medical Research Council at Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, to lead on technical services for the Mary Lyon Centre, including the gene delivery laboratory and surgical services.
The Mary Lyon Centre is a national facility for mouse genetics research!
Our activities focus on applying innovative technologies in genome editing and phenotyping to mouse genetics research especially in the context of mouse models of human disease. We are generating new mouse strains for preclinical and discovery research and developing new applications for a number of automated phenotyping tests, including those involving telemetry and longitudinal collection of data. We are the central hub for the new National Network for Mouse Genetics! Take a look here: (https://mrc.ukri.org/research/initiatives/national-mouse-genetics-network/).
Do you have:
• A PhD in a subject related to mouse genetics, including experimental design and data analysis
• Mouse genetics experience, surgical proficiency and experience in statistical analyses of experimental data
• Experience in rodent surgery and working with genetically altered mouse models
Main duties include:
• Leading the interface between gene delivery and surgical services and the scientific users of the Mary Lyon Centre.
• Developing and establishing new and innovative services within the MLC for surgical procedures and gene delivery with an emphasis on refinement and best practice.
• Line management responsibilities for the gene delivery and surgical services group
• Project license holder under Home Office legislation for service licenses for gene delivery and surgical services
• Quality control manager for ISO 9001
• Design and deliver training courses in technical skills
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
How to apply:
For full details of this post please click the apply button.
Closing Date: 15th April 2021
- Salary £40,000 ~ £50.000
- Experience Level Senior